Taiwan Business Day 2016
UTRECHT 26 SEPTEMBER
Do you own or manage an innovative start-up, small or medium sized company, and are you considering opportunities abroad? Meet your potential business partners and support organizations for the Far East – during an intensive afternoon seminar.
Taiwan is world leader in many innovative technologies and its companies continue to stay on top of new developments. Taiwan and The Netherlands have a lot in common, with a long trading history going back over 400 years. Both are internationally renowned as trading nations, and the business gateway to their regions. Taiwan has a western style legal system and has well developed support system for innovative companies also from abroad. The ‘Maker infrastructure; from Fablab to Foundry’ makes Taiwan a great place to go for technology and production partners. Ánd Taiwan is also growing as a soft-landing hub to access markets like Japan and China.
Taiwan Business Day is organised together with EBU and it’s Taiwanese counterpart IDIPC. The main objective of #TBD16 is for you to meet Taiwanese organizations, entrepreneurs and support organisations. The program includes a seminar to help you understand the Taiwanese opportunities and help you with your business expansion strategy. Taiwan Business Day ends with a networking event to expand your international business network.
13:30 Welcoming drinks & registration
14:00 Opening & Welcome
- Mrs. Valerie Hsu (TGN director)
- Mr. Jeroen Kreijkamp (Vice Mayor, City of Utrecht)
- Mr. Tom Chou (Representative of Taipei Representative Office in the Netherlands)
- Dr. Chia-Long Lin (Mayor, City of Taichung) ‘building the Taiwan-Netherlands Soft-landing Bridge together’
- Dr. Lu (Taichung Economic Director) ‘Why Taiwan/Taichung is the best place to source technology and production partners for your global expansion’
- Jaap Breugem , Director International Business Relations (EBU) ‘The benefits of the Utrecht ecosystem and Soft Landing Program’.
15:00 The regions of Utrecht and Taichung go into a MOU to develop a cooperation around innovation & entrepreneurship in the months to come.
15:10 Tea Break
15:25 Taiwan-Netherlands Innovation Seminar ‘Make Your Innovation in Taiwan!’
- Nettie Buitelaar (BiosanaPharma) ‘How the Dutch-Taiwanese combination revolutionizes the global biological drug production’
- Thierry Bouffioux (mentor StartupBootCamp Accelerator) ‘How to leverage Taiwan based start-up technology for European R&D’
- Dr. Lewis Chen (ITRI/TRIPLE) ‘How to get into a win-win Cooperation with Rapid Innovation Prototyping League of Entrepreneurs’
- Wrap-Up and Q&A
16:30 Networking event
18:00 Taiwan Business Dinner – separate registration at € 32,50 p.p. (excl) at tbd16-dinner.eventbrite.com
moderator: Pim de Bokx (TGN Chairman)
ANNOUNCEMENT: Only registered AND participating entrepreneurs and managers of a company based in the Netherlands can win the 2 week business exploration trip to Taiwan (value € 3.500)
YOUR FREE PARTICIPATION
Advanced registration is required and on a first-come basis.