Taiwan Business Day 2020 (TBD20) is successfully held virtually on 8 October 2020 and with 2 sites in Taipei and Utrecht!
TBD20 was open by Pim de Bokx, Chairman of the DIA-Dutch Incubator Association. Jaap Breugem of ROM Utrecht expressed sincere welcome to all the participants on sites or online and then introduced VIPs, who observed the MOU signing ceremony:
- Shan-Shan Huang, Deputy Mayor of Taipei City
- Guido Tielman of Netherlands Office Taiwan
- Amb. Tom T.C. Chou, Commissioner, Mayor’s Office for External Affairs
- Dr. Chung-chieh Lin, Commissioner, Department of Economic Development, Taipei City Government
- Klaas Verschuure, Vice-mayor of Utrecht City
- Mrs. Hsin-Hsin Chen, Representative, Taipei Representative Office in the Netherlands
The MOU on Taipei-Utrecht Soft-landing exchange was signed by Shan-Shan Huang, Deputy Mayor of Taipei City, and Klaas Verschuure, Vice-mayor (Utrecht city) digitally.
The keynote speakers presented the innovation and startup ecosystem of both Taiwan and the Netherlands.
- Action Plan for Enhancing Taiwan’s Startup Ecosystem was presented by David JP Wang of Taipei Representative Office.
- Why collaborating with Taiwan innovation ecosystem was presented by Jaap Breugem of ROM Utrecht.
- Regional Accelerator Program for Innovation & Development (RAPID) and TBA -Innovation Committee was presented by Gordon Chen of Megabank Amsterdam.
- Utrecht Science Park (USP)-Dutch innovation ecosystem was presented by Freek van Muiswinkel (Utrecht University)
Download TBD20 flyer and all slides!
TBD20 WeScale Challenge pitch event is jointly organized by TGN, Startup Utrecht, and EBU. The jury decided that the winners are:
- TargetTrust & Manysmart
From the Netherlands
- Dialogue Trainer