- This event has passed.
TAIWAN BUSINESS DAY 2019 IN UTRECHT
30 Sep 2019 @ 12:00 - 17:30 CESTFree
For the 8th time, TGN organizes Taiwan Business Day in The Netherlands, the main event for Dutch entrepreneurs to learn about the culture and business opportunities in Taiwan. This year’s special attention will go to the theme ‘Smart Landing! Real Business!’ – on how soft landing programs in Taiwan can be effectively used to grow your innovative business.
Please do register by 25 September 2019 for lunch and dinner.–> REGISTER >> here <<
Why Taiwan Business Day?
First of all, Taiwan is a regional production and innovation powerhouse in the Far East, ‘made in Taiwan’ is a quality brand on its own. On top of that Taiwan is known for its quality of living standards and ease of doing business. In that regard, it really has advantages over neighboring countries. Where The Netherlands is the Gateway to Europe, Taiwan is the Gateway to the Far East of Asia which is illustrated with six large Taiwanese corporations in the Fortune 500 like Foxconn and Quanta Computers, but also the high number of Dutch companies already operating there such as Philips and ASML.
For Social, Creative and Technical Innovators, Start-ups and Scale-ups
The Taiwanese and Dutch economies have many similarities, an open economy with a large export focus. SME’s play the main role in both countries, both in the service industry as in production and as suppliers of the large corporations. General differences are that Taiwanese companies have traditionally focused on outsourced production and Dutch companies on design, trade, and services. In recent years both countries have moved to top regional rankings on innovation and start-up climate, showing that both economies are going through rapid renewal processes. That’s why Taiwan Business Day offers opportunities for young companies and scale-ups from both countries – to match/mix and succeed.
Taiwan Business Day 2019 in Jaarbeurs Innovation Mile
Taiwan Business Day will offer you information about business opportunities in Taiwan and the possibility to meet business people and business support organizations from Taiwan to get access to these opportunities. Like every year you’ll be able to meet your future business partner, government support and investor to expand your business. After Taiwan Business Day the Taiwan Dinner is organized to extend your business experience in a Taiwanese way. TGN will bring in people and opportunities from Taiwan, so you can have direct access to them. Spending an afternoon, preferably extended in the evening, will expand your horizon!
REGISTER >> here <<
Taiwan Business Day 2019 (TBD19) includes ESIL Open Day and will be organised at coworking space JIM in Utrecht. It includes a seminar to help you understand the Taiwanese opportunities and help you with your business expansion strategy, followed by a seminar on Cross-Border investment. Taiwan Business Day ends with a networking event to expand your international business network.
11:45 Demo floor opens
12:00 Networking lunch
13:00 Seminar ‘Smart Landing! Real Business ’
- Welcoming remarks – Mr. Leonard van Nispen (Utrecht in Business)
- Easy business with Taiwan – Mr. David JP Wang (Taipei Representative Office)
- Regional Accelerator for Innovation & Development – Jelle van der Weijde (Rapid-Health.eu, EBU)
- The US-China conflict and its impact on the economic outlook for Asia and Taiwan” – Arjen van Dijkhuizen (ABN AMRO | Group Economics)
- The entrepreneur from Taiwan in The Netherlands – Nadia Kang (AiQ Smart Clothing Inc.)
- Business opportunities in innovative community elderly care – Yu-Chun Sang (Taipei Top Noble Health Care Center)
- Scale Up with soft-landing programs in Taiwan – Valerie Hsu (TGN, Tiger Accelerator)
14:30 Tea & Coffee Break
15:00 ESIL Open Day ‘Early Stage investment crossing borders‘
- How can ESIL assist with cross border investing – René Reijtenbagh (ESIL Netherlands)
- How to foster seed cross border investing between Europe and the Tiger countries – Gilles Le Cocguen (BPI France)
- Invest in Health Business! – Douwe Jippes (Healthy Capital)
- EU and Dutch non-dilutive funding opportunities to accelerate your business growth strategy – Nawal Bahia El Idrissi (Catalyze)
- Taiwan business environment through the eyes of a Dutch resident – Koert Stijne (former banker at ABN Amro Bank in Taiwan and currently academic)
- Closing remarks – Mrs. Hsin-Hsin Chen (Taipei Representative Office)
16:30 Award show winners of Taiwan Explorer Awards – sponsored by China Airlines, EVA Air & TGN
17:00 Networking & Drinks
17:30 Program end
18:30 Taiwan Dinner (ca. € 20,00 paid to the restaurant) take your new-found friends to dinner!