Silicon Europe is going international and we want you on board! First stop: Taiwan. Over the past years, Europe has been the major destination for FDIs from Taiwan. It counts among the best places for entrepreneurs worldwide and is seen as gateway to Asia.Moreover, Taiwan participates in the European Business and Regulatory Cooperation Programme (EBRC) facilitating trade for European companies.
Silicon Europe co-organised an event in Taiwan especially designed for you!
From May 30 to June 3, the European Innovation Week will take place in Taipei.
During this week, you can:
- Promote your company in Taiwan, the gateway to Asia
- visit COMPUTEX Taipei attracting more than 1,700 international exhibitors covering the whole ICT supply chain from Consumer Electronics to IOT
- participate in B2B Matchmaking Eventswith Taiwanese companies, institutes and agencies
- present your digital technologies enabling innovative solutions in Workshops for Smart Health, Smart Mobility or Smart Industries
What can the European Innovation Week offer you?
- Thematic seminars where you can present your company and the foreseen possibilities in Taiwan to a mixed Taiwanese-European audience (equal mix is pursued).
- Organised matchmaking possibilities giving 1-to-1 opportunities to meet with Taiwanese companies or organisations.
- A guided Computex tour. A limited number of groups will be available for guided tours. Companies need to register upfront to indicate their participation.
- A visit to a –to be decided- Taiwanese company
The most actual information on the European Innovation Week in Taiwan can be found on https://www.b2match.eu/eu-taiwan-2016.
Here you will find the agenda and the links for registration for the various program parts. You can also upload your company profile. This company profile will be used by our Taiwanese partner to scout companies in Taiwan that may be of your interest.
- Participation to the program is free of charge but registration is mandatory.
- When you register for the European week, you will automatically register for the Computex
- Travel costs will not be compensated by the European Innovation Week organisation.
o Depending on national or regional instruments you may be eligible for national or regional financial support. Contact you regional cluster representative for more information.
- As the European Innovation Week is organised in parallel with the Computex, fair hotel accommodation will be scarce. Especially for the European Week a limited amount of rooms have been reserved by the Taiwanese government. You are at liberty to make use of this reservation.
- For the first time, Computex is organising a starter’s platform called Innovex. It is an initiative copied from the Eureka Park at CES (Las Vegas). It offers starters the possibility to showcase at a reasonable price: 1000 US$ for 1.5m x 1.5m and 2000 US$ for 3m x 3m. There is a limited amount of space available still www.computex.biz/innovex/about.aspx
Are you interested?
Do you have questions regarding the European Innovation Week?
Please contact your regional cluster representative or Johan Lecocq:firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +32 16 21 14 10.
The European Week is a joint initiative of the European Commission in collaboration with Silicon Europe, the Enterprise Europe Network coordinated by TAITRA, the EU Chamber of commerce in Taiwan and the European Cluster Collaboration Platform.